Buddy Reading– We are looking for community members to come and read with the school children Wednesdays @ 12:45pm throughout the school year. Help a child achieve greater literacy skills simply by having them read a story to you.
Events All of our events run with the support of volunteers. If you have an interest in volunteering, contact the BCSA and we would love to have you!
Volunteer Tutors– We are always in need of volunteer tutors. Help change lives and our community by commiting two hours of your time a week. Tutors do not need a background in education as training will be provided. This is a pilot project and your participation and input is always welcome.
Here are a few general ways you can get involved and make a difference:
- When you see an upcoming event ask what you can do or how you can contribute to help make it even better
- If an ongoing program resonates with you offer your hands, heart and mind
- Donate your books and DVDs to the community library
- Attend meetings and events- show your support and participate in a respectful and inclusive way.
- See if one of our current volunteer options is right for you
- Share your passion and host a workshop, event or lecture on something that excites you!
By getting involved you will gain:
- New friends!
- Skill development
- Work experience
- A greater feeling of community and a better understanding of your communities needs
- A happier community